The IOCCC is a world-known gamesome contest demonstrating merits and demerits of the C syntax. Recently, the 22nd contest has been closed, with winning source code made available.
According to the IOCCC Web site, the goals of the contest are:
- To write the most Obscure/Obfuscated C program within the rules.
- To show the importance of programming style, in an ironic way.
- To stress C compilers with unusual code.
- To illustrate some of the subtleties of the C language.
- To provide a safe forum for poor C code.